Court of Protection

Are you concerned about a friend or relative’s ability to cope with dealing with their financial affairs as they have not made an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) or Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)?

If your friend or relative no longer has capacity to make a Lasting Power of Attorney, an application will need to be made to the Court of Protection to appoint a family member, close friend or a professional to be the person’s Deputy. A Deputy can be appointed to assist with the financial affairs of the person who has lost capacity.

Burlingtons can be appointed as a Deputy by the Court of Protection if appropriate.

Please contact Deborah Mills, Senior Partner, on to ask about making an application to the Court to be appointed as someone’s Deputy or for further advice.

Latest News

3 November 2014:: Privée Magazine launched

Privée magazine, a joint venture developed by Burlingtons and other Privée Professional members in conjunction with Office Privée PLC, was launched in September 2014.

Privée provides diversity and in-depth knowledge across a raft of professional services and lifestyle interests including the Privée Privilege Card which allows individual and corporate clients a range of exclusive discounts and benefits on the provision of professional services as well as other luxury goods and services advertised in the Privée magazine.

For further information visit the following link: